We at Legion stay up to date on the latest technological advancements. One of the most notable developments in information technology in this decade is the boom in social media. The proliferation of social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram has given people a new way to connect with each other. While Legion specializes in maximizing the ROI of our clients through interactive customer acquisition initiatives, we realize the importance of maintaining an online corporate presence.
A recent study from LinkedIn and SumAll.com data shows that sending the right message through a social media platform isn’t the only deciding factor on how much impact it can make. Timing can also be a big influence. SumAll.com, a data analytics provider, shared useful research on the ideal times to connect with followers on various social media sites:
- Twitter: According to SumAll, the best time to send a thoughtful 140-character message is between 1 to 3pm. This is the time that people find best to share their thoughts or do mass re-tweeting.
- Facebook: When work is slowing down between 1 to 4 in the afternoon, it’s the time for people to go on Facebook to peruse their timelines. This means updating your Facebook status around this time might get you more likes and comments.
- Pinterest: Pinterest is the go-to place for crafting and DIY projects, so weekends are the best time to get the attention of a Pinterest audience.
- Google+: It seems that mornings between 9 and 11 am are the busiest times for Google’s social media platform.
- Instagram: Between 5 and 6 pm appears to be the perfect time to post a cool picture among Instagram users.
When timing the use of social media platforms for promotion and branding, there are still outside factors to consider, such as the audience you’re trying to capture. For instance, college students may have more flexible free periods during the day, while if you’re trying to gain the attention of professionals, afternoons are the best time to catch them while their workload is winding down. Taking all of these factors into consideration when planning an advertising strategy is crucially important and something we at Legion specialize in!